[Sca-cooks] Arab cook book on ebay?!?

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 17 09:51:44 PDT 2002

Kiri wrote:
>I already have a copy of it...and have thoroughly enjoyed it.  I've cooked a
>number of things from it, including the almond-stuffed dates I did for the
>Pennsic Potluck last year.  Go for it, providing the price doesn't get too
>high.  You might also check Addall.com to see what you can get it for from
>them.

I have used this book quite a bit, having a Near Eastern persona.
Besides cooking recipes from it at camping events, I used recipes
from it for one course of a three course, three-team pseudo-Iron Chef
feast, and because of the quality of my food, i was asked to cook
another feast, which will be my fourth in 3-1/2 years in the SCA.

I highly recommend it. It isn't a cookbook per se - although it
contains several period cookbooks. It also includes essays on the
development of certain dishes, the influence of Near Eastern food on
Europe, and much more. A joy to read.

I consider it essential for anyone interested in the history of food
or period Near Eastern food.

al-Sayyida Anahita al-Qurtubiyya bint 'abd al-Karim al-Fassi

Dar Anahita: A Maghribi Domicile
http://witch.drak.net/lilinah