[Sca-cooks] OT : OOP Chicago

Druighad at aol.com Druighad at aol.com
Wed Jul 17 13:14:38 PDT 2002

In a message dated 7/16/02 4:41:33 PM Central Daylight Time,
muiredach at bmee.net writes:

> There are a few listmembers there you might want to bump into.  Finnebhir,
> you there?

Yep I'm here all this week and most of next. Until Thursday night anyway when
I leave for Simple Day in Sternfeld.

>And.....my favorite...there are a number of homes, especially nearby in Oak
>Park, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright which are truly wonderful and are open
>to the public for tours.  And the Art Institute of Chicago should be really
>cool...I haven't been there, but get their catalogue.

The tours of the Wright houses cost a lot of money if you actually want to go
through them. I can show you the outsides, but I can't give any of the
details. They are truly some wonderful homes.

As for some of my favorite places, Grant Park does music every sunday in the
Petrillo Music shell, those are free(or at least they used to be) it's just a
matter of getting tickets for a seat. Of course, I usually pack a picnin and
sit out on the lawn. You can still hear everything just fine, and a better
breeze off the lake.

There's the Museum of Science and Industry, Field Musuem, Art Institute,
Joffrey Ballet at the Auditorium Theatre, Adler Planetarium, Wrigley Field,
the various shopping districts, China Town, Little Italy, Old Warsaw, You
name it, we've got it.

If you want to go food shopping there's South Water Street market, where the
restaraunts get most of their products fresh, and Maxwell Street Market. Just
ask and ye shall receive!

IF you want to email me privately, go head and let me know when you'll be in
town.

Finnebhir Moon Dancer
Rhiallu Ulfhednar
Vanished Woods Shire