[Sca-cooks] need help identify these items

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jul 17 21:32:31 PDT 2002

Various types of cypress are native to Europe, Asia and Western North
America.

This might also be sugar of Cyprus, but since we are apparently talking
about aromatics for scenting water, I would say that cypress is what is
meant.

Bear

> halfe an ounce of Cypres,

Cypress is a "modern" evergreen, found on the
California coast, although that does not guarantee
that it wasn't imported, or isn't found elsewhere....
is there a part of this plant, or perhaps another
found on the Isle of Cypress which might be considered
a common ingredient? Jadwiga? My herbal knowledge is
fairly limited to American plants and common period
spices.

Phlip