[Sca-cooks] cheese aged in manure?

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 23 20:58:55 PDT 2002

--- "Mark S. Harris" <stefan at texas.net> wrote:
> Greetings folks,
>
> I just recieved this message. While it at first
> seems rather odd, maybe
> I'm gulible but it sounds like it might well have
> been done. I've left
> off the person's name as I didn't think to ask for
> permission to post to
> here. But now, I'm curious to know what folks might
> know about this.

Well, Stefan, while I have no knowledge of such a
technique, I can see that it might be possible. Cow
and other manures generate heat at a fairly fixed
rate, and it might well be a technique used by someone
traditionally somewhere. Would think that if it was,
it would be by a Northerner, Northern European, for
example, who needed extra heat which the environment
doesn't usually provide.

I gave up on predicting what people might do to
accomplish a culinary goal, when I saw some twit
following a cow around with a spoon in order to garner
his gourmet treat, fresh cow manure.

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,