[Sca-cooks] snails

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Jul 23 23:20:27 PDT 2002

At 01:13 AM 7/24/02 -0500, you wrote:

>I imagine the snails in the cans have been cleaned out as well. But
>it would be difficult to stuff them further with the milk by having
>them eat it.
>--

I once read instructions for working with fresh snails (as in the sort you
find in the garden) and they said to put them into a bucket of cornmeal for
a couple days- apparently that cleans them out.

I'd rather not think about it. I'd rather just get out the garlic and
butter and mushrooms and dry sherry...

'Lainie

NOT a snail!