[Sca-cooks] tentative menu

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Wed Jul 24 05:33:43 PDT 2002

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Morgana Abbey wrote:

> So I'll be cooking our baronial Masked Ball in December.  Theme is
> medieval Jewish, come as your favorite Old Testament character.

Oooh! Oooh! Can I be Charleton Heston? I have a stick and everything!

[On an NPR interview with the aforesaid NRA president, talking about the
movie and the experience of playing Moses, he was asked how he managed
standing up on a rock in front of those thousands of extras. His response
was "Well, you gotta have the stick."]

> My question is about the meatballs.  I'd like to make either kofta
> mishmisheya or nanaeya.  Can anyone give a compelling reason why I
> couldn't bake the rather large quantity of them in the oven instead of
> juggling them through a fry pan?  The temple's kitchen is el-spiffo for
> oven space.
>
> Morgana LeCoeur

Don't see why not. They'll probably be flattish on the one side, but I
always bake meatballs and I have never had anyone complain that they
weren't perfectly spherical.

Margaret