[Sca-cooks] Chicken hearts

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Jul 24 16:45:24 PDT 2002

Also sprach Laura C. Minnick:
>At 06:57 PM 7/24/02 -0400, you wrote:
>>OK, now I get it...I'm too old to know about this!!!  They didn't HAVE
>>Saturday morning cartoons when I was growing up.  Grumble, grumble, grumble.
>>
>>Kiri
>
>Don't worry Kiri- the actual reference is to a comic album put out by Bill
>Cosby in 1966. The Saturday cartoon 'Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids' is from
>the middle 70's. The show re-used a lot of material from the comedy albums,
>but I think the Cos was much funnier than the animation.

I find it significant that Fat Albert seems not to be mentioned at
all as a childhood companion of BC in the earlier albums, while Old
Weird Harold, and Old Cryin' Charlie, are. I can't decide which would
be worse: to have any or all of them be fictional characters, or all
of them based on real people. My personal favorite is [I think it
was] Orlan, the boy who, on his 11th birthday, was given two dollars
(one for each one) and took BC to the amusement park, and arrived, in
celebration, wearing all his clothes backwards, leading to
interesting contretemps on the roller coaster...

>My dad had the 'Wonderfulness' album and played it so much he wore it out.

_My_ Dad never had a Cosby album, but I do have a lot of original
recordings of Spike Jones and his City Slickers, and Mike Nichols and
Elaine May. My brother is the one with all the Cosby albums.

>And wore out the needle on the player too. Remember having to change
>needles? Back in the 'olden' days? :-/

The truly frightening thing about all this is that, in this age of
disposable rather than maintainable electronic devices, it is now
probably necessary to change the laser more often than we ever had to
change the needle.

Adamantius, trying to figure out whether a dead CD-burner goes into
the recycling, and how...
deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER