[Sca-cooks] Moorish fish & seafood

Mark Calderwood mark-c at acay.com.au
Thu Jul 25 04:02:38 PDT 2002

Greetings,

I have a question regarding Moorish fish and seafood recipes. Perry states
in Medieval Arab Cookery that the Manuscrito anonimo and the Kitab Fadalat
al-Khian between them give 56 fish recipes, but I can find only 1 in the
translated Andalusian cookbook. Does anyone know where I can find the other
55?

For that matter, seafood is a traditional feature of Spanish cuisine, are
there any Moorish recipes for any kind of seafood?

On a related topic, I have read that colouring food was of great importance
in Islamic Spain. I have read that one Clifford Wright published quite a
bit of research about this in 1999, but I can't find any info. Does anyone
know about either this research or colouring food in Moorish Spain?

Giles
Lochac