[Sca-cooks] Having to go Cold Turkey from my habit.

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 26 11:28:06 PDT 2002

>It's been a rough week, oh fellow culinarians.
>My lady and I decided that living together wasn't
>working too well so I have had to find a new place
>to live. After looking at a few places I finally
>settled on one that seemed nice. I think I've
>been snookered.
>
>This is the week. Before I even moved into the place
>the personnel were totally incompetant. They gave me
>all the keys and forgot to keep a set for themselves.
>I needed to put the first month's rent in a Money Order
>but they forgot to tell me this before I went to the
>office. I got some pretty high pressure sales techniques
>to do a longer lease than I wanted. They have no high
>speed internet so I get to go from a cable modem to
>56k dialup. The toilet broke, there was a leak from
>the central airconditioner, and there are fixtures that
>need repair. But they couldn't do any of this because
>_I_ had all the keys. So I finally gave them the keys but
>a week later they still don't have it done. Last night
>the air conditioner went out. Remember that I live in
>a place where every day is over 100 degrees F. It stayed
>over 90 degrees last night even with the fans going.
>This morning I found out my mailbox key doesn't work.
>
>Okay, all of this is a wee bit irritating. But it isn't the
>worst part.
>The apartment has a contract with some satellite television
>company that DOESN'T CARRY FOOD NETWORK!!!!!
>Hey, I keep Foodtv on all the time like some guys to ESPN.
>Now, they have everything else you could want. 5 channels in
>Spanish, QVC, 4 CSPAN channels, one channel in freakin' Chinese!
>You know, all of those high market channels.
>But no FoodTV. As if my life wasn't wrecked enough by the loss
>of a gorgeous, intelligent, wonderful woman (you still subscribed,
>dear?) I have to go through this Hell!
>
>I'm a sad, sad Gunthar.
>
>signed,
>
>Po' ole Gunthar

Gee, I guess that's where the bad parts I didn't get this week went to.
Sorry so much befell you at once, Gunthar dear.  Sometimes life just goes
all yuck like that.  Lucky you though, *WE* are all here!  Well, at least
for another week or so, when most of us will pack off to go to war (or play
as the case may be).  But, your coming too, aren't you?  If so, look me up
and I'll give you a wee hug and perhaps a marzipan treat.
Olwen