Everquest was [Sca-cooks] Pennsic---waaaay OT, OOP

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri Jul 26 17:54:08 PDT 2002

Everquest, often colloquially known as "ever crack," due to its
addictive nature <g>, is some muckin-huge online interactive
role-playing game. From what I've heard, there are 1000s and 1000s of
people who play this thing.  I *think* it runs on the same lines as
D&D--you create a character, with a certain race (human, elf, dwarf,
etc., etc.), and a given "class" (fighter, mage, thief, etc.), and a
given range of abilities and an alignment (are you evilly inclined?
neutral? good? chaotic? lawful?....), and then your character, and other
members of your "group" go on adventures, kill monsters and bad guys,
collect treasures, etc.
So, Poor Lone Papa Gunther, what kind of character do you have? Somehow,
I'm imagining you as a dwarf fighter specializing in kitchen implements
-uh- missile weapons <g>.....
--Maire, who's interested in playing Everquest, but who *knows* better
than to even start.....