[Sca-cooks] Leaving the site cleaner than we found it

Kirrily Robert skud at infotrope.net
Fri Jul 26 21:52:00 PDT 2002

At a recent event in our canton, I spent some time in the kitchen not as
a cook, but as a teacher.  They'd scheduled all the cooking classes to
run in the kitchen, see.  Even though I didn't need anything more than a
microwave to reheat some stuff that I was providing for tastings in one
class.  Also, I was in charge of the potluck supper (just making sure
it happened at the right time and stuff) so basically I was spending the
day going in and out of the kitchen.

When I showed up to run my first class, I found the canton's seneschal
and a few others cleaning the kitchen.  Among other things, they removed
several gallons of rotting and mouldy food from the fridge so that
people would have room to put their potluck stuff.

The really disturbing thing about this was that we'd been told that
there was a decent kitchen on-site because "there is a catering company
that operates from that kitchen".

Yours,

Katherine

katherine at infotrope.net  http://infotrope.net/sca/