[Sca-cooks] Magic of Fire - slightly commercial

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 30 08:56:59 PDT 2002

I'm looking for this title on the Ten Speed Press website
<www.tenspeedpress.com> and can't find it.  ::consternation!::

> Devra:
> >author gives very clear directions about fire cooking--I've never seen
> >diretions for making ash cakes IN the ash before. Unfortunately, the books
> Edouard de Bruyerecourt :
> Ash cakes, eh? Cook IN the ash, eh? [looks out the window at the black
> van speckled in light grey] Who would've thought it. Maybe ill take the
> fifth burner, the extention cord, a frypan, some batter, and go
> _outside_ to make some ash cakes in the open [cough] air......

Don't look here for a lack of ashes.  My news in Altavia is that my protege'
AEduin, who lurks here and posts occasionally, had a fire in his apartment on
Sunday night. Most of the "stuff" is all right but the scent of smoke is
everywhere.  He and his lady and her daughter are staying at our house for a
few days, doing lots of laundry and looking for another new apartment.

So far, I can report that the deodorizing product "Breeze" works like a champ!

Selene, mildly crispy