[Sca-cooks] lima beans

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Tue Jul 30 22:43:40 PDT 2002

Huette replied to me with:
> Ah ... noooo ... I really do love lima beans.
> Mundanely and in persona.  Why do you equate my
> love of lima beans with insanity?

Their Taste. Texture. Color.

> They taste good and they don't hurt you.

Hmmph.

> Now _I_ equate the love of hot peppers with
> insanity.  They may be good for you, but they
> taste bad and they hurt you going down.  Eating
> hot peppers is insanity.

You're just picking the wrong peppers. Pick them for taste, not
hotness.

This is, by the way, a current argument/discussion on the

Ansteorra mail list. Whether the chili for the Pennsic Ansteorra
Chili night should be hot, as in as hot as you can make it, or
tasteful. They may do it as they have in the past, with mild
and intermediate heat chilis and a select set of mixed peppers
and spices that can be added to the two chilis, for the adventuresome.

The person heading it up this year, Seraphina, is known for good
spreads that are characterized by too much food. So anyone looking
for dinner on Wednesday of War Week, might want to wander by the
Ansteorra Royal, which will be somewhere on the Serrengetti.
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net