[Sca-cooks] Re: Feast Ambience

Ro LadyRo at annapolis.net
Wed Jul 31 06:14:37 PDT 2002

Here in Bright Hills, we employ the services of a Master of the Hall.  Lord
Barre FitzRobert of York, who scurries in just before feast, scuttles OUT of
his Archer Marshall get up and into his spiffest attire (and BOY! Can Barre
spiff up - hubba, hubba!).

He announces each dish as the courses are being served by his crew of
TRAINED servers (for Atlantian Crown we are all serving in Baronial
colours - oh the howwow! I have to make new garb....).  In the past he has
(I believe) arranged for harpists to play throughout dinner, and I'm not
sure what else, as generally I am in the kitchen,  he and the autocrat
confer on table arrangement and lighting, he coordinates with whomever is
setting up the decorations for the hall, AND he makes sure his servers are
fed before feast!

And he does it all with a smile, a few jokes, and in wonderful humour.

Worth his weight in gold, is our Barre....

Ro