[Sca-cooks] Re: Meringue Mushrooms

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 31 10:21:09 PDT 2002

Hey Maire!  Every melt marzipan?  All you have to do is add a little liquid.
  OHOH!! and the HOT liquid melts it even quicker!!
No, sorry sweetie.  Your idea won't work.  Thanks for giving it a go though.

Actually, if you take some nice cream and melt a nice amount of marzipan in
it, it makes a ~lovely~ thin sauce for fresh fruit or to pour on icecream!
(remember THE STUFF Chirhart?)  Also, in working in marzipan if you make a
'slip' with some rosewater and marzipan (in the colour you want), you can
dab or paint it on your piece to give it some texture and depth or to mottle
colours to give it a realistic look.

Olwen, who is really in a strange defensive mood today for unknown reasons.