[Sca-cooks] Pickles!

Varju at aol.com Varju at aol.com
Wed Jul 31 12:47:55 PDT 2002

In a message dated 7/31/02 8:24:08 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com writes:

> Just had to share the triumph with people who understand:
>
> I did a batch of dill pickles last night, and ALL SEVEN JARS sealed! Yay!
>
> [I was scrubbing the cukes for tonight's efforts, and a casual listener
> would have heard several instances of *hissss* *pop* "Yay!"
>
> Tonight are sweet pickles and sweet pickle relish, or such is the theory.
>
> Margaret

I have a question on sweet pickles.  My granmothers' recipe requires several
weeks of soaking the cucumbers in brine, then in a sweet syrup.  I'd like to
try sweet pickles, but I don't have a safe place to leave them to sit for
that long.  (I have visions of a cat ending up in the crock of pickles.)  Are
there recipes for sweet pickles that require less time?

Thanks

Noemi