[Sca-cooks] Dayboard postmortem Very long

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Wed Jul 31 22:30:23 PDT 2002

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa replied to me with:
>> Did you peel the 50 dozen hard boiled eggs? Or did you serve them in
>> their shells?
>
> *giggle* I'm trying hard not to run away screaming from the thought of
> peeling 50 dozen hard boiled eggs. Nope, we did not peel them. Not just
> because we had at most 6 people in the kitchen at once but because eggs
> are much safer stored and served in their own natural pre-packaging.

Ok. Well I was wondering. But considering some of the things I've

heard of other folks on this list do, and what else I saw if the
rest of your message, I wasn't going to make the assumption that
you hadn't peeled the eggs either. Had you, then my next question
was going to be HOW you did it.

Oh, and by the way, I plan to that message to the

Florilegium as an article. To both warn other prospective
dayboard cooks and to let them know what can be done.
I have noticed through the years that the vehicles that an SCA
member owns tend to get larger the longer they stay in the SCA. So
Jadwiga, when will you be moving up to a larger vehicle to haul all
those food ingredients and cooking stuff? :-)
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net