[Sca-cooks] Healthy SCA cooking

kattratt kattratt at charter.net
Sun Jun 2 20:03:22 PDT 2002

Now that I do have something for...
Now do keep in mind I don't know if this is period or not... someone
would have to pop that out...
but Katrina (The Wife) actually maded sugar free Baklava that was
divine!!!!
Other desserts I could probably tell you the substitutes... If we think
about it though the healthier version of a recipe is probably more
period correct... (Well ok at least in our case...) :)
Flour... Unbleached Unenriched...
Sugar... Non Sucrose Based.
No Wines, Beers, or Cordials.  (Liquor is fine)

Now I cannot help a low carb person usually simply because I don't know
the substitutes for that...
But I have found that adapting recipes rather easy.

The tricky part was powdered sugar... (Used a coffee grinder....)
Nichola