[Sca-cooks] Midrealm Ruled by Cooks

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 3 09:51:46 PDT 2002

Spiders?  The only spider in my kitchen is a cast-iron skillet on legs
that can go in the fireplace.  Any actual arachnids found are gently
lifted to the garage, to guard the house against Bad Bugs.

Someday, if they do Laurel me, I plan to have my best kitchen knife
brought in with all the honors of a knight's sword. <snicker!>  Yes, I
name my kitchen knives.  The big 10-inch Forschner is Mister Pointy, the
littlest parer is Li'l Guy.  Why not?

Meanwhile, back on cooking peerages... there was some big talk by a
couple of PelLaurels last Saturday about arranging a cook-off in Caid,
pitting the Cooking Laurels versus the Cooking Pelicans.  This could be
interesting.  Huette, your name was mentioned and if Natalya [whose
apprentice is a Cooking Pelican] and Eowyn [whose husband is a Cooking
Laurel] really do this, you and I will be on opposite sides.  They'll
have more books but we'll have more equipment!

Selene, Caid