[Sca-cooks] Food Poem

Marian Marian at TheRosenbergFamilies.Net
Tue Jun 4 22:24:45 PDT 2002

Greetings all,

  I am looking for an arabic poem on food from Charles Perry's
"A Baghdad Cookery Book."  According to a message in Stefan's
floriligeum the specific poem is on page 22 of that book.  (I
love google).  I have lost my photocopy of that poem, just as I
was finally getting ready to try to make the tray described.

(from memory)
Accept I beg this tray of wicker made
What yonder red and yellow cups contain
The man of taste will surely not disdain
Here kamakh is of flowering tarragon
Here capers grace a sauce vermillion ...
...where olives turn to shadowed night the day
and salted fish in slices rims the tray.

If anyone has a copy of this book and would be willing to email
me a copy of the poem I would be most grateful.

Also, if anyone knows exactly what a kamakh is, or how to get
flowering tarragon that too would be good <g> :)

Thank you,
-M