[Sca-cooks] Japanese (was: What did they..)

Barbara Nostrand nostrand at acm.org
Wed Jun 5 14:37:17 PDT 2002

Noble Cousin!

Greetings from Solveig!

>  > Most of the ones I have seen that purport to be "pirates" wouldn't know a
>>  "biscuit" if it bounced off their noodle!  They think it contains
>  > buttermilk, and that "Hardtack" means an un-oiled saddle!

But, you can buy a somewhat civilized version of hardtack at the grocery
store. I thought everyone knew that from elementary school.

						Your Humble Servant
						Solveig Throndardottir
						Amateur Scholar

| Barbara Nostrand, Ph.D.         | Solveig Throndardottir, CoM, CoS  |
| deMoivre Institute              | Carolingia Statis Mentis Est      |
| mailto:nostrand at acm.org         | mailto:bnostran at lynx.neu.edu      |
| Ignored domains: bestbiz.net, pop.net, hotmail.com, aibusiness.com  |
|                  vdi.net, usa.net, tpnet.pl, myremarq.com           |
|                  netscape.net, excite.com, bigfoot.com, public.com  |
|                  com.tw, eranet.net, yahoo.com, success.net         |
|                  mailcity.com, net.tw, twac.com, netcenter.com      |
|		   techie.com, msn.com				      |