[Sca-cooks] Update for Lady Day, Lancaster PA, June 29.

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Thu Jun 20 05:16:23 PDT 2002

I have been asked to pass along a few requests from the autocrat of the
event:

1. If you are planning on coming to the event, and have not yet sent a
reservation, please do so or contact the reservationist, Warren Harmon, at
either oakenraven at juno.com or (717)838-7214 (no calls before 11 am, please!),
as soon as possible.  We need an accurate count of those who plan to attend
and eat the dayboard and feast, as we plan on cooking only a small amount of
food above that required by the number of people we know are coming as of
June 26.  Do not wait to get your feast or dayboard space at the door!  Laws
in this area do not allow us to donate unused but already opened/cooked food
to foodbanks or shelters (they will accept only factory-sealed containers of
food), and we want to minimize wasted food as much as possible, while still
feeding all of our guests to the hearty Silver Rylle standard.

2.  There will be a variety of children's activities at the event.  The
autocrat wishes to emphasize that these activities are not intended as a
baby-sitting service and that a parent or responsible adult over the age of
16 should attend the activities with the child.  One adult may supervise more
than one child.  The need for this is compounded by the fact that the site is
large and bounded by a number of "attractive nuisances" including neighbors'
backyards, a busy road, a fenced-off railroad track, and a fire station, and
is open to the public as it is a community park.

Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you at the event!

Brangwayna Morgan
Kitchener