[Sca-cooks] About the Potluck....

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 20 12:09:41 PDT 2002

Folks, I first broached the subject of the SCA-Cooks
Potluck back in January- I have the post, if anyone
wants to see it. I also broached the subject a few
more times, but I couldn't get either a consensus, or
even very many responses.

The Pennsic A&S deadline came and went, so we're
without a tent.

I know that many of us want to see it happen, but I'm
only one person, and I have no desire to control the
activities of Cook's List- I have enough trouble,
herding our cats in SPCA ;-)

Since no one has wanted to take responsibility for the
Potluck, or for doing anything about it, I have.

I have a camp, SPCA, which has, in my opinion, the
facilities to host the Potluck, so I have opened our
camp for that purpose. I have received no offers of
other camps, and I can hardly offer to have it in
someone else's camp ;-)

I'm sorry if some folk find it unsuitable for their
preferences, but there's nothing I can do about that,
if you didn't express your preferences. As it is, I
chose Monday the 12th because someone who DID express
their preferences said that they'd be leaving the next
day. Personally, if not for that, I'd have chosen
another day- the 12th is my birthday, and I usually
celebrate it quietly in camp with a private Household
party, after putting in a shift at Chirurgeon's Point.

But, that's neither here nor there.

I have done my best to accomodate everyone, and I
suggest, that if any are disatisfied, that perhaps
they might want to take responsibility for the Potluck
next year.

In the meantime, All Cooks of the Knowne Worlde are
invited to share a Potluck at SPCA camp on Monday,
August 12th. Camp will be open at 5 PM, we will start
serving at 6PM, and all who arrive will be welcome to
spend the evening in good conversation, with good
food, and perhaps, with an occasional visiting bard.

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,