[Sca-cooks] pronunciations

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Tue Jun 25 06:10:27 PDT 2002

Depends. Is there already an american form of the word/name?

If there is, I default to the american extant form [phlip and i had a short
word about this the other night.]

frex - anise.
some people pronounce it a-NIECE, accent on the last syllable.

there is a perfectly good american pronunciation. A-niss, with a soft 'i'
like in the worn 'miss' and the accent on the first syllable.

If I am speaking french, I will use the french pronunciation. If I am
speaking 'murican, I will use the american pronunciation. I don't need
'false erudition' to prove how smart I am.

chow, baby
margali
[and yes I know it is spelled ciao.]

the quote starts here:
I gues the best reasonis that if your going to drink wines that orginate in
different countries you could at least learn enough of the language to
pronunce the name correctly:) Even a small education in forgein languages
permits youto proonounce the name of most things correctly. Or is that
considered a cosmoplotian attitude?

ELric