[Sca-cooks] Eye Color was...

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 30 15:21:50 PDT 2002

Lainie skrev:

> (For the record, they are a lovely... well, they
> look like travertine
> marble- mostly a bluish green, with flecks of grey
> and brown, and a fair
> amount of orange near the centers. I think they are
> the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen...)

Getting gooey again, are we?

;-)

Well, it seems that neither of you are correct,
according to the dictionary.

One definition, typical of the others:

hazel

adj : of a light brown or yellowish brown color n 1:
Australian tree grown especially for ornament and its
fine-grained wood and bearing edible nuts [syn: hazel
tree, Pomaderris apetala] 2: the fine-grained wood of
a hazelnut tree (genus Corylus) and the hazel tree
(Australian genus Pomaderris) 3: any of several shrubs
or small trees of the genus Corylus bearing edible
nuts enclosed in a leafy husk [syn: hazelnut, hazelnut
tree]
Source: WordNet ® 1.6, © 1997 Princeton University

OTOH, most people I know refer to multicolored eyes as
hazel.

Avraham, I know in genetics that brown eyes are
supposed to be dominant over blue. Is hazel, with the
teo color types a color of its own? Or is it perhaps a
co-manifestation of the blue/brown types, similar to
AB blood type? Or what?

Phlip, blue-eyed 1953 model Jeep, rough around the
edges, but runs good in all gears.

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,