[Sca-cooks] Re:books/equipment was Midrealm Ruled by Cooks

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 4 11:49:51 PDT 2002

--- johnna holloway <johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu>
wrote:
> And how many books and how
> much equipment would that be?
> just curious..... We have heard for
> years that the weight of the National
> Geographics stored in California was gonna
> sink it... but what's the totals in these
> columns
> Johnna

I don't store National Geographics.  Just
Smithsonians.
:-)

As for cookbooks, I have over 120 period [i.e.:
primary, secondary and terciary sources] cookbooks and
foodways texts.  I have over 500 non-period cookbooks.
I haven't counted lately, as the numbers are always
growing.  And one day, I hope to finish my shelf list.

I don't have an inventory for my equipment on paper or
an accurate count.  But I do have enough cooking and
serving equipment to equip an understocked banquet
hall for a 15 to 18 dish banquet for up to 300 people
with only a minor amount of reuse in the serving
equipment.
Been there, done that a lot, brought all the stuff
home and store all of it in my shed and garage.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.