[Sca-cooks] Re:books/equipment was Midrealm Ruled by Cooks

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 5 13:20:27 PDT 2002

--- "Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at efn.org> wrote:
> At 11:49 AM 6/4/02 -0700, you wrote:
> >
> >I don't have an inventory for my equipment on paper
> or
> >an accurate count.  But I do have enough cooking
> and
> >serving equipment to equip an understocked banquet
> >hall for a 15 to 18 dish banquet for up to 300
> people
> >with only a minor amount of reuse in the serving
> >equipment.
> >Been there, done that a lot, brought all the stuff
> >home and store all of it in my shed and garage.
> >
> >Huette
>
> Oh Huette! I wish you hadn't said that on the list!
> Edouard is well on the
> way with his collection, and you'll only encourage
> him! (Can I find
> anything in his kitchen? Nooo... and every other day
> it's 'Sweetie, I was
> out at X store and I found this cool thing! It's...'
> another thing to
> store...)
>
> 'Lainie
> -when we have a kitchen together it will be awesome
> though!

'Lainie dear, just consider my post a foreshadowing of
things to come.  I have had almost 28 years to collect
and develop my collection.  Edouard still has years to
go before achieving my level of acquisition.

Personally, I would think that being in a relationship
or marriage with such a collector would be a Good
Thing! tm.  This way, when you discover a need for a 4
pronged thing-a-magig at 2 am, you will know that you
can find one without having to run to a store and
burglarize it in desparation. :-)

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.