[Sca-cooks] Resubscribed

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jun 5 21:27:31 PDT 2002

> > > Olwen  slow down and let the person rest for a second.
> >She's riding a sugar buzz from the latest marzipan batch, I'd wager.
> >Hands drinks.
> Heyhey!  Has everyone forgotten that I not only *don't eat* marzipan!~ I
> HATE it????  And I don't do junk food either!

After someone let slip on the Herbalist's list that I went home with the
marzipan, I got mobbed at the next event I went to by mad almond fiends.
Fortunately, I'd left it at home so John will eventually get it back.

I really appreciated seeing all the people from the cook's list... it was
the redeeming part of a very bad week. Thank you. Especially for not
laughing at my mustard class.

By the way, I tried making some Lombard mustard from Forme of Cury for
Brangwayna. If you heat the honey in the wine before adding it, it's a
good idea to check on the thickness of the result as the honey cools. When
you take the gallon jar half full of mustard paste and set it upside down
for 10 minutes and it hasn't even bulged, it might be a bit too thinck.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
	"Index your brain."