[Sca-cooks] OOP Star Wars meal

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jun 6 04:01:14 PDT 2002

Also sprach Christina Nevin:
>Hi y'all,
>It's my turn to do video night and this time its the original 3 Star Trek
>movies.

All I remember from the original series is references to chicken
sandwiches, coffee, and some kind of triticale variant...

>  Usually the food is matching theme but this time I'm stuck. Anyone
>have any ideas on what I could do?
>ciao
>Lucrezia

I figure fennel should figure heavily: Luke's Aunt Boru is seen
cooking/distilling/_something_-ing what certainly looks like fennel
stalks down on the moisture farm on Tatooine, back in Episode 4/Part
One of the story that is much better told by Kurosawa in one movie
anyway...

But you might use various succulent plant products, like cactus
fruits of some sort, mezcal beverages, the aforementioned fennel. You
can get tinned cactus leaves, shredded, in Mexican markets.

How about Star Fruits (I forget their more standard name; it's far
too early in the morning for me to be thinking about this: is it
carambola?) which provide a star-shaped cross-sectional slice?

And then, you could always make some kind of Trail Mix stuff and call
it Bantha Fodder... for that matter, how about a nice rabbit dish,
like a pie or a pate, which could stand in for the (I forget whether
I have this name right, and I'm damned if I'm going to watch that
movie _again_ just for this informational point) whomp rats of
Devil's Canyon -- the critters Luke refers to hunting back on
Tatooine while discussing whether they can hit the two-meter exhaust
vent in the Death Star...

Adamantius, Officially Tired of Star Wars, waiting for Daredevil, next year