[Sca-cooks] Resubscribed

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 6 06:57:07 PDT 2002

>I really appreciated seeing all the people from the cook's list... it was
>the redeeming part of a very bad week. Thank you. Especially for not
>laughing at my mustard class.
>
>By the way, I tried making some Lombard mustard from Forme of Cury for
>Brangwayna. If you heat the honey in the wine before adding it, it's a
>good idea to check on the thickness of the result as the honey cools. When
>you take the gallon jar half full of mustard paste and set it upside down
>for 10 minutes and it hasn't even bulged, it might be a bit too thinck.
>
>-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa

Night before last at supper, Hans and Alainne were giving a go at the
mustard I made in your class Jadwiga.  It was too hot for them.  I told them
(and they should have known anyway) that it still needed time to calm down a
bit.  I *did* make mine a bit bitey though, but we all know my theory on
that..
I just posted a few pictures from that event so go have a look.
Olwen