OT Re: [SCA-cooks] OOP Star Wars meal/Daredevil?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jun 6 07:20:32 PDT 2002

Also sprach Christina Nevin:
>Whomp rat stew? Laff! I like that idea! With Star Fruit & ice cream for
>dessert (I made a killer ice cream in the weekend - Mango & Vodka, it's
>delicious)

Maybe you can sprinkle Bantha Fodder on top of the ice cream ;-)...

>They're filming 'Daredevil'? Cool, that was always one of my favorite comics
>(even after they bumped off Electra - not that it seems to have slowed her
>down any!). Do you know when it comes out? I'm really looking forward to the
>opening of Spiderman in a couple of weeks time.

Check your brain at the door, but Spider-Man is still better than the
latest Star Wars movie. For a real laff riot, see SW Episode II with
a bunch of SCA peers, and play "What does Obi-Wan do wrong with his
Padwan Learner?"

>Lucrezia
>(who still hasn't seen Attack of the Clones despite the healthy number of
>New Zealanders in it)

Yes, they're filming Daredevil, with some radical and heretical
costume changes for just about everybody (DD in leather, but at least
it's red and they kept the horns this time, and it's got to be better
than the molded plastic used for That Other Character With The Pointy
Things On His Head). For a story, they seem to have neatly dovetailed
the original story (loss of his sight, the murder of Battlin' Jack
Murdock, ticking off New York's organized crime bosses, and One In
Particular), with the whole Death of Elektra saga. (I never liked
Elektra, anyway.) We seem to have a fight card consisting of Ben
Affleck (sneer) as Daredevil, somebody named Jennifer Garner (who I
gather is famous) as Elektra, another somebody famous named Colin
Farrell as Bullseye, and Michael Clark Duncan (or is it Michael
Duncan Clark?) as Fisk, The Kingpin. (Yes, adolescent fans with too
much time on their hands did indeed grouse about a gratuitous racial
change to the Kingpin character, but the actor is certainly big
enough, bad enough, and mean enough, and he _can_ act, under the
right circumstances.) U.S. release date is supposed to be February
14th, 2003. A Web search will undoubtedly turn up photos and other
hype, I'm sure.

Adamantius