[Sca-cooks] Fw: Chocolate!

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Sun Jun 9 22:41:09 PDT 2002

>ROFLMAO!!!!    Yeah finally the winning agruement for chocolate.

Actually...

I had read somewhere or other that chocolate takes more energy to digest
than it gives you.  That is, just chocolate, without the sugar and
"milk".  I did a bit of a paper when I was in cooking school (and I'm such
a bloody fool for having lost those papers during one of my many moves),
where we argued that one could develop a "weight loss diet" based on the
concept of eating chocolate.  If it takes more energy to digest than you
get, then it makes logical sense to take the extra step and say that you
could loose weight by eating it :-)

Again, I don't recall the exact calculations and numbers, but we figured
out that to loose one pound at the end of the week you had to eat soemthing
like ten pounds of chocolate a day, and arrived at the conclusion that even
the most rabid chocolate eater wouldn't buy into such a diet...

Food for thoughts, eh? :-)

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Shire of Forth Castle (in transit)
Meridies