[Sca-cooks] Recipe for fried avocado from Trudy's North Star

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 11 08:51:25 PDT 2002

--- "Decker, Terry D." <TerryD at Health.State.OK.US>
wrote:
> I'd say take the Columbus tale with a grain of salt
> until "they" identify
> the contemporary source.  Avocado is southern Mexico
> and south, so some
> sources attribute it to Cortez.  Their use in the US
> doesn't start until
> around 1833, when they were introduced into Florida
> by Henry Perrine.
>
> Given the 2 to 3 month voyage from the New World, if
> you were an innkeeper
> gifted with avocados, they would probably be
> unpalatable mush which you
> would throw in the garbage.

Ah, Jeeze, Bear, you're taking all the fun out of it.
They flew them in on their Medieval Boeing jet- 3
dragons pulling a Rus troika.

Hey, if you're going to do fantasy, might as well go
all the way ;-)

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,