[Sca-cooks] QUESTION ABOUT PRIMARY SOURCES

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jun 11 17:47:54 PDT 2002

No, they are usually part of a manuscript collection, which may not have
been examined in centuries.  For instance there are thousands of official
documents from the Spanish colonization of the New World which are still
baled, waiting to be gone over, in the Archives of the Indies in Seville.
The actually lost many when the library flooded.

The two 14th Century cookbooks were in the Harliean collection.

And I suspect, the herald's reports are either maintained by the English
heralds or are someplace like the Royal London Archives.

In fact, documents which I have written as part of various computerization
studies are archived awaiting criminal investigators or historians, whoever
gets around to using them first.

Bear