[Sca-cooks] Fw: Chocolate!

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Jun 11 21:22:43 PDT 2002

At 01:41 AM 6/10/02 -0400, you wrote:

>I had read somewhere or other that chocolate takes more energy to digest
>than it gives you.  That is, just chocolate, without the sugar and
>"milk".  I did a bit of a paper when I was in cooking school (and I'm such
>a bloody fool for having lost those papers during one of my many moves),
>where we argued that one could develop a "weight loss diet" based on the
>concept of eating chocolate.  If it takes more energy to digest than you
>get, then it makes logical sense to take the extra step and say that you
>could loose weight by eating it :-)
>
>Again, I don't recall the exact calculations and numbers, but we figured
>out that to loose one pound at the end of the week you had to eat soemthing
>like ten pounds of chocolate a day, and arrived at the conclusion that even
>the most rabid chocolate eater wouldn't buy into such a diet...
>
>Food for thoughts, eh? :-)

Well, the move certainly hasn't hurt your sense of humor any!

This theory of chocolate consumption is one closely held by and
ex-boyfriend of mine, Sir Paul (this is the man who is deadly allergic to
onions). Basically, chocolate is THE foodgroup. He's 40 now, and except for
just a little at the beltline, basically looks the same as he did eons ago.
He lives on chocolate- something like a half gallon or more of chocolate
milk every day, eats Peanut Butter Captain Crunch every day for breakfast,
peanut butter and blackberry jam sandwich every day for lunch, a hunk of
meat and something akin to carbs on teh side for dinner. And bits of
chocolate all day long. Take away the chocolate and he'd starrve to death.
Veggies? Are you kidding? Veggies are what food eats! Of course I even
THINK about eating that way and I blow a seam somewhere.

Paul actually got into a detailed thing about the kinds of fatty acids and
such in chocolate. I really don't want to know. Hand me the Cadbury's and
get out of my way!

'Lainie