[Sca-cooks] Food Allergies

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Jun 12 18:10:28 PDT 2002

At 08:37 PM 6/12/02 EDT, you wrote:
>--
>Yup! I can understand that.  :-)
>Phillipa
>
>> Certainly, in this instance, you are correct. I am more of the mind of
>> people who mistake normal/expected side effects for allergy, such as the
>> "Benadryl makes me sleepy, therefore I am allergic to it" - and that, we
>> generally find intensely amusing.

...and syrup of ipecac makes me puke! :-)

I seem to remember that Benadryl has been used as a sleeping pill. I might
be remembering wrong. But I do remember once, when I had to take all three
of my kids on an airplane *BY MYSELF* (they were 4 months, 2 , and 4 at teh
time) and their doctor told me to dope them up with kid cold medicine
before we took off, for my peace and the other passengers, I'm sure.
Stephen got airsick and puked all over, but other than that it was ok...
BTW, I don't recommend travelling with three preschoolers. See these white
hairs? Some of them appeared before they were teenagers!

I could _claim_ to be allergic to athol brose, but I'm really not and I
know it. I'm just allergic to making a fool of myself- and after eight
years, people still remember Mickey Mouse...

I'm finding this conversation intensely amusing. So, Avraham, what other
things make you doctors snicker at us foolish mortals? Do you have any
hamster stories? ;-D)

'Lainie
-still packing. Where are my black nylons?