[Sca-cooks] sausage report

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Thu Jun 13 00:16:41 PDT 2002

Maggie MacD. gave us a review of her sausage making experiments and

said

> Lesson five: Someone will have to give me the solution to this one later.
> When I went to parboil both the bratwurst and the andouille, they
> untwisted.  I now have whole sausages that are as long as 20 inches.

I remember similar comments on making sausage links before. Apparently
there is a way to twist them that keeps them from untwisting easily.
However another solution, although more labor intensive, is to tie a
piece of string between each link.

For more information on this, check the comments in this file:
sausage-makng-msg (28K) 10/31/00    Sausage making techniques. Supplies.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/sausage-makng-msg.html

You might also check this file for beef sausage recipes:
sausages-msg     (104K) 10/31/00    Period sausages. Making sausage.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/sausages-msg.html

Stefan li Rous