[Sca-cooks] sausage report

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Thu Jun 13 06:50:52 PDT 2002

At 06:12 AM 6/13/02,Sandra Kisner said something like:

>      I haven't tried making my own sausage (yet), but I seem to recall
> hearing that the way to avoid untwisting links was to alternate twisting
> clockwise and counter-clockwise as you formed the links.
>
>Sandra Kisner
>sjk3 at cornell.edu

I did this til i was blue in the face, and they all neatly untwisted when I
put them in the parboil.

I forgot to mention that for parboil, I did the bratwurst in beer, the
andouille had chardonnay and thyme added, and the beef (final product) had
worcestershire, thyme, garlic added.

I'm betting that the donut shaped twists would NEVER unwind, because
there's no place to untwist to.  Should I try this again (for a class for
cook's guild for instance), I'll definitely playtest that technique with them.

Regards,
Maggie MacD.