[Sca-cooks] In search of a fighter bisquit recipe

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Sun Jun 16 20:49:24 PDT 2002

> Didn't we have a discussion or two on fighter biscuits in the recent past?
> Adamantius

    This just was discussed on the  _Aerie_,  but I'm gonna re-think/ tweak
the recipe for a far more yummer biscuit  -- or just go for the fresh from
the oven with butter & honey  standby.

Dog Biscuit recipe for enterprising squires

3 c all purpose flour         4 T salt
3 c whole wheat flour         3 c chicken broth or water
2 c bulgur wheat milk
1 c cornmeal dogbone shaped cookie cutter
1/2 c instant nonfat milk

In large bowl, mix flours, bulghur, cornmeal, dry milk and salt. Add 2 cups
of the broth. Mix well with hands. Dough should be very stiff, about the
consistency of bread dough. Add more broth if necessary. preheat oven to 300
degrees F. On lightly floured surface with floured rolling pin, roll dough
to 1/4" thickness. With dog bone cookie cutter, cut out biscuit. Place on
ungreased baking sheet, Brush each lightly with milk. Bake 45 minutes. Turn
off oven but leave biscuits in overnight. Makes about 3 1/2 dozen biscuits.

Bone Appetit!
Caointiarn