[Sca-cooks] Sequels and adventures was Catering question

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Mon Jun 17 08:37:49 PDT 2002

> johnnae wrote:
>

> > >  Margaret who signed off...>
> > > [Next week on another thrilling episode of The Twelfth Night From Hell, we
> > > discuss reasons why the cook shouldn't serve haggis at an Irish-themed
> > > event.]
> >
> > Gee while we are awaiting more adventures of the marzipan queen from
> > Hard-boiled Adamantius Noir who last said that the dog ate his...
> > we can have thrilling adventures regarding the un-12th Night...
> > on the twelfth day ... they gave me 12 haggises running..
> > what would the plural be and what would it be doing???
>
> I'm only slightly anticipating the next exciing chapter of Adamantius Noir,
> since I'm already the murder victim.

Ah, but perhaps you're not really murdered, it's just a marzipan model of
you, and the murder method is to discredit Olwen?

> The plural of haggis is haggis, and it would be steaming fragrantly, making
> every true Scot salivate in anticipation.
> Think of it as a lovely oatmeal stuffing with lamb giblets, remember to include
> a goodly store of salt and pepper,
> sage and onions.  As the English might say, shame to he who thinks it shameful.

Yes, but can you justify serving it at a feast with a Norman Irish theme?

[We are not, AFAIK, having a super-duke in a cow costume to fight all
comers, but we are very likely having Absolutely Historically Authentic
Coracle Polo.]

> Selene, mildly cranky for a dead dame

Nothing that says dead people can't be cranky.

Margaret, who is not dead, at least not the last she checked