[Sca-cooks] fish consumption

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 17 08:53:56 PDT 2002

This sounds very interesting!  Here are some online copies of Medieval and
Renaissance era cook books.  None of them seem to be from Belgium, but
England, France and Germany.  Most of them are translated into English,
those being the ones that I can read, but Prof. Gloning's site has
everything in original languages.  Good luck!

Le Viandier du Taillevent
http://staff-www.uni-marburg.de/~gloning/vi-vat.htm
Le Menagier de Paris   http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/menagier/
Du Fait Du Cuisine
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/Medieval/Cookbooks/Du_Fait_de_Cuisine/du_fait_de_c_contents.html

Forme of Cury  http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/foc/
Alalusian Cookbook
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/Medieval/Cookbooks/Andalusian/andalusian_contents.htm

Sabrina Welserin
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/Medieval/Cookbooks/Sabrina_Welserin.html
The English Housewife http://infotrope.net/sca/texts/english-housewife/
The Good Huswife's Jewell
http://infotrope.net/sca/texts/good-huswifes-jewell/
Delights for Ladies http://infotrope.net/sca/texts/delights-for-ladies/

Yours in friendship
Dame Selene
aka Susan Fox-Davis, Los Angeles, California