[Sca-cooks] Is this really what it sounds like?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Jun 18 10:47:50 PDT 2002

Also sprach Christine Seelye-King:
>Well, the Italian dictionary lists 'feccia' as -dregs; rabble; to the bitter
>end; - and 'feci' as feces, excrement.  The Berlitz menu reader lists
>'fegatelli' as sliced pork liver.
>That's as close as I can get, but I'm sure someone else can get closer.
>Christianna

Scully also seems to suggest "ficatelli" is liver in some form. Maybe
somebody decided a poultry liver looked like a dried fig? It's fairly
consistent given the other stuff in the same recipe: cockscombs and
testicles. To be frank, if you're gonna eat cockscombs (which are
yummy) and testicles (on which I have no opinion), is there such a
big problem with liver?

Adamantius