[Sca-cooks] OOP Query

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Tue Jun 18 16:35:07 PDT 2002

Adamantius declared:
Also sprach Christina Nevin:
>OK, I've read the posts, I've heard the Fun Lovin' Criminals, I've watched
>Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and I finally have to break down and ask - what
>the HECK is a Scooby Snack????

Scripts for BTVS and, now that BTVS ain't wot it was, Smallville,
contain frequent references to plot elements (and I use this term in
the broadest possible sense) from a truly unspeakable late 1960's
Hanna-Barbera cartoon called, "Scooby Doo, Where are You?" When I say
unspeakable, I don't mean it simply has no imaginative elements at
all; I mean it actually has imaginative elements to a negative
extent. It is, literally, a black hole of creativity, a cartoon which
makes other programming look bad, not because of negative comparison,
but because "Scooby-Doo" is the carrier of a miasmic social and
psychic disease. Anything it touches is tainted with suckiness.
<big, big snip>

Okay. In short it sounds like it is the 70s equivalent of that
dispicable and crude Simpson's cartoon which I think is still
showing.

Stefan