[Sca-cooks] Fair Trade Coffee

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Wed Jun 19 12:49:48 PDT 2002

In a message dated 6/19/2002 1:44:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kingstaste at mindspring.com writes:

> I am thrilled to hear it.  Fair Trade Coffee is the best possibility for
>  breaking the cycle of poverty in coffee-growing countries.

No doubt you're right... and you make great points. That said... Don't you
think maybe the consumers could be educated? Don't you think the individual
consumers should decide these things for themselves? If nobody buys anything
but fair trade coffee, then that's what will be sold.

Call me silly, but the notion of throwing people in jail for buying perfectly
legal substances seems a bit Draconian to me.

Corwyn

Thought for the day: There's a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental
illness."