[Sca-cooks] Re: New Book information - TASTES OF ANGLO-SAXON ENGLAND

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Wed Jun 19 23:34:14 PDT 2002

(HRM) Alys Katharine commented:
> Greetings.  Cindy Renfrow reported:
>>I'm pleased to let you know about a new book that we are
> distributing:
>>
>>TASTES OF ANGLO-SAXON ENGLAND
>>by Mary Savelli
>
> I'll bet this is Mistress Isolde de la Ramee of our Middle Kingdom.
> If I had a current listing of the Laurels, I could be sure, but Pat
> Savelli is an SCA knight who came in second to Valharic (who won
> Crown for me).  Isolde's Laurel is in Anglo-Saxon research, IIRC.

Oh? Someone please check this out. It won't make any differance on
whether I buy the book, I just did, but it would be a nice thing to
know.

I notice they have Cindy's "A Sip Through Time" on sale, for those
who might be interested.

This is a rather dangerous site for my wallet. I mainly looked through
the sale collection and did buy two that weren't on sale, including the
above book. I still spent over $100. And I decided against a number
of other books that looked interesting.

There was a book about Hungarian history for those interested in that
area which had a very good sale price. I almost bought it, but see my
comments above. :-(
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net