Getting OT...Re: [Sca-cooks] Entertaining stories for Lainie

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Thu Jun 20 18:55:17 PDT 2002

>I was putting in curtain hooks on a 20m length of wall for a large
>pavilion (7m by 4m by 4m high) and was pulling the fabric across my
>lap,  punch a whole with an awl, slide the curtain hook in and fold
>over, measure 10cm, repeat...  Almost at the end when I slipped.  The
>shank went through the canvas, jeans, and underwear and I felt the
>"cold kiss of steel" slide past my scrotum, gently knicking the skin
>me on the way through.  The adrenline rush that followed was amazing
>and woke me up enough to realise it was "Beddy Byes" time...

Well, my stories aren't quite so nerve wracking.  But...

When I learned sewing, when I was a teen, I ended up once sewing a boy
scout badge on the sleeve of a shirt.  Both sides of the sleeve.  and on
the top of my PJ, and on the pant of my PJ...  My mother couldn't stop
laughing!!!

Then another time, much more recently, waaay too late, not realizing how
tired I was, I forgot to tie up my hair and started using my Dremmel...  it
caught in my hair, and as it kept on rotating started to climb my hair
until it reached my cheek!  By that time, thank the gods, it had slowed
down considerably and only scratched me a little bit.  That too was a "ok
time to get to bed" thing...

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Shire of Forth Castle
Meridies