[Sca-cooks] Entertaining stories for Lainie

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 20 20:54:11 PDT 2002

Well, OK, I have also sewn as barter. I'm currently sewing a surcote
(guess I'd better finish it) for a gentleman who is moving furniture for
me...  but that's not "sewing for him", within the meaning of the act,
so to speak. That's barter.

Drakey, though, you're a bit far from me... And it's not just men. I
know lots of women who can't sew at all. No more gender defined than
cooking...

I remember, when I studied anthropology many years ago, that in some
culture (don't remember where) a woman's husband was defined as "the man
she cooks for." Don't remember what he had to do for her.

Anne