[Sca-cooks] On oldie, but a goodie...enjoy!

Aurore Gaudin Aurore at hot.rr.com
Sat Jun 22 15:35:44 PDT 2002

IDON"T WANT TO KNOW!!!!!  Aurore
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Seton1355 at aol.com
  To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
  Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2002 9:58 AM
  Subject: [Sca-cooks] On oldie, but a goodie...enjoy!

  Since we are sharing amuzing food stories, Here's an oldie but a goodie!
  A few Christmas's ago, Lord Ras shared this charming essay with us. It's so
  good that I've kept it all these years and think it should come out
  again...... enjoy!
  Phillipa

  << I would like to get myself a Dick for Christmas. >>

  Getting a Dick for Christmas can have have its ups and downs.

  <<Could you comment on the merits of either a 9" or longer Dick? >>
  Well, that a hard one to answer. I find all sizes of Dicks useful. Many
  people prefer smaller Dicks and others swear by a large Dick.

  <<No, seriously they look great and of high quality.>>

  A Dick is a Dick. I had never thought they looked particularly great although
  after examining my Dick, I can see some artistic merit. If you feel so
  strongly about the quality of Dicks , I'd say go ahead and grab one.

   << I just want to know if the longer ones get in the way.>>

  I suppose it all depends on the things you plan on using your Dick for.
  Sometimes larger Dicks can be a little intimidating but with a little
  practice large Dicks can be very useful. I've have never personally had my
  Dick get in the way no matter what size it is.

   <Those of us who have Dicks swear by them.>
  True, Dicks do come up now and again. It not one of those things we can
  control.

  << I seem to remember that you enjoy yours.  >>

  True, I have gotten immense satisfaction from my Dick ever since I discovered
  it.

  <<Do they stand up well to splitting chickens?>>

  I have never used my Dick to split a chicken. Someone with more experince
  than I will have to comment on this. Since I am not yet a Master Cook outside
  my guild, I would suggest that Master Adamantius is the one who could step in
  here. He has had numerous experiences with many sizes of Dicks and is an
  expert in handling Dicks.
  Ras
  << How come nobody ever misplaces their 6" Dick?
   Inquiring minds want to know! >>

  Most people find that this Dick is the most common and widely used Dick. It
  fits perfectly in the hand and is useful for a wide range of activities. If
  you have this size Dick, you probably handle it several times a day and are
  always aware of it's location whenever need arises. This continuous usage
  translates into few people loosing their Dick.

  Ras.