[Sca-cooks] Back on the Ferret thread, me and my babies.

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sun Jun 23 19:50:27 PDT 2002

At 09:22 PM 6/23/02 -0500, you wrote:
>--
>-only ferret I really like is the one in Get Fuzzy, that has the cat's
>tooth on a cord around it's neck... ;-) *That's* chutzpah!
>
>Get Fuzzy, where can I see this pic at?  Aurore
>--

It's a comic strip. Pretty funny one, IMHO. Here's the official bit by the
creator:

"Get Fuzzy by Darby Conley, is a wry portrait of single life, with pets. At
the center of this warm and fuzzy romp is Rob Wilco, a single,
mild-mannered ad executive and guardian of Bucky and Satchel,
anthropomorphic scamps that still live by their animal instincts. Bucky is
a temperamental cat (is there any other kind?) who clearly wears the pants
in this eccentric household. Satchel is a gentle pooch with a sensitive
soul who tries to remain neutral, but frequently ends up on the receiving
end of Bucky's mischief. Together, this unlikely trio endures all the
trials and tribulations of a typical family... more or less."

The animals are hysterical. The cat has an ongoing war with the ferret next
door, while the dog and the ferret are playmates (not you, Gunthar, I meant
Satchel).

You can check out Get Fuzzy at:

http://umweb2.unitedmedia.com/comics/getfuzzy/index.html

and the strip at the end of the last battle of the cat/ferret war (Bucky is
looking for a lost tooth- he's wearing headgear because they found and
reimplanted teh other one) is at:

http://umweb2.unitedmedia.com/comics/getfuzzy/archive/getfuzzy-20020603.html

Archives are wonderful!
I'm hooked on the strip- even kept reading when they ran old ones and file
bits when the artist had a family emergency. Cool stuff, Maynard!

'Lainie