[Sca-cooks] (OT) Space Food Sticks

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Jun 24 19:16:21 PDT 2002

At 05:18 PM 6/24/02 -0700, you wrote:
>    Okay, this is off-topic.   Heck, I'm not sure they count as "food"......
>
>    Does anyone here remember Space Food Sticks?   Those chocolateoid/peanut
>butteroid/whateveroid sticks that just about any kid that was nuts for the
>space programme was ga-ga for during the late 60's-early 70's?

Yup, and we last talked about them what, about a year ago? I loved the
things when I was a kid. I can also remember the 'freeze-dried' ice cream.
Gag.

Sooo Padraig, are you saying that you are reminiscing about them first
hand, or are you one of those annoying 20-somethings having nostalgia about
a time when they weren't even born? (These are the same kids wearing
'retro' clothes that I remember- they were ugly then, ugly still!)

'Lainie
- '64 model, original wheels, high mileage, some engine trouble, looks
sharp with a little paint, upholstery nice, sweet drive...